Friday, August 26, 2011

Chicken Piccata

Chicken piccata was a dish that sounded pretty familiar to me, but I didn't know what it was composed of until yesterday. Usually for every recipe I complete, I look at the recipe on Foodnetwork.com to see different reviews and to see if Giada has any videos for that recipe. When I looked up the recipe for chicken piccata, I was super happy to find this video! It's nice to see Giada actually preparing the dish because I have a MUCH better idea on what I'm supposed to do. If you watch the video, you'll notice Giada "butterflying" a chicken breast. I learned that technique earlier when I made chicken parmesan last month. When you cut the chicken breast in half, the chicken breasts are then cutlets. Because the chicken cutlets are thin, they take much less time to cook! I was very comfortable butterflying the chicken breast yesterday because I was more experienced with that technique and I was able to watch Giada do it herself. Once the chicken cutlets were prepared, I seasoned them with salt and pepper. The chicken cutlets were sauteed in a little oil and butter for about three minutes on each side. I took the chicken out and de-glazed the pan with chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers. After the sauce simmered, I put the chicken cutlets back in and let everything cook together for about five minutes. Then once the chicken was fully cooked, I took them back out, added some more butter to the sauce, poured in on top of the chicken. I garnished the final product with parsley. I didn't love this dish, but I enjoyed the lemon flavor with the chicken. It was good to learn another way to prepare chicken breast too!

Time spent: 1 hour and 30 mins 

3 comments:

  1. Mmm looks delicious :) You are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my recipe box in the foodnetwork site...is it worth it to try and make it because it definitely looks appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm well it was a very good method of cooking because the chicken was really moist and absorbed a lot of flavor. But I didn't like the taste of the chicken broth too much. Being honest, I don't think it's worth it haha. BUT if you haven't already, definitely experiment with lemon flavors and chicken because I love that combination!

    ReplyDelete