Monday, August 22, 2011

Buitoni does it again!

Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Basil Pine Nut Sauce. I chose this recipe to complete this past Thursday because it was simple, and I thought the flavors would blend really well together. I wanted to make something quick for dinner; I had a lot to do that day! So I spread all the needed ingredients on my counter and got to work. Once I read the directions, I realized that this basil pine nut sauce was REALLY similar to the brown butter sauce that I made last week. You melt the butter, then put in fresh basil leaves and cook until crisp. A little salt, pepper, and nutmeg is then added to the sauce. The brown butter sauce a little more nutty flavor because the browning of the butter, but they were both similar techniques. I boiled the Buitoni Wild Mushroom Ravioli and toasted some pine nuts. After only five minutes, the ravioli was cooked and I coated it in the basil sauce. The toasted pine nuts were then sprinked onto the whole dish, along with some parmesan cheese. This tasted AMAZING! Buitoni gets a lot of the credit though; the wild mushroom raviolli was delicious and tasted gourmet! The basil was crispy, the butter was well, BUTTER, and the pine nuts were crunchy, but melted in your mouth at the same time. As I'm writing about this dish, I'm wishing I had some right now!! Super successful, quick, and yummy!

Time Spent: 35 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment